Inviteflood is a tool used to perform DOS attack through SIP/SDP invite message flooding over UDP/ IP.This tool targets through flood invite request message.
As long the tool continues flooding the PBX it will prevent clients from making telephone calls.
SIP (Session Initial Protocol) invite message are passed through the various multimedia session in an application of internet telephony for voice and video calls. It is also used for private IP telephony systems as well as instant messaging over protocols.
Voice over Internet Protocol (also voice over IP, VoIP or IP telephony) is a methodology and group of technologies for the delivery of voice communications and multimedia sessions over Internet Protocol (IP) networks, such as the Internet
VoIP telephony uses mainly two protocols in order to set up a call and to transport Audio/Video signal.
Since VoIP sends calls directly through the same exact path that your network uses for internet and other traffic, your VoIP connections open your network to attack and exploitation.
Step to Perform DOS attack
Download the Inviteflood tool from Kali Repository.
Go to terminal git clone http://git.kali.org/gitweb/?p=packages/inviteflood.git
This DDoS attack is simple to execute and is successful against VoIP frameworks, it is an attack for which each administrator to have an emergency course of action.
- Run only applications required to provide and maintain VoIP services.
- Audit administrative and user sessions and service-related activities.
- Install and maintain server firewall, antimalware, and anti-tampering measures to deter DoS attacks.
- Require strong authentication for administrative and user account access.
- Maintain patch currency for an operating system and VoIP applications.